RQA Europe Ltd, trading as RQA Group, (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us via our website (www.rqa-group.com), will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.rqa-group.com and by providing personal data to us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is RQA Group, Reading Enterprise Centre, Whiteknights Road, Reading, RG6 6BU, United Kingdom.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This may arise from you filling in forms on our site www.rqa-group.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you complete the contact us form, when you change/update your personal details, contact preferences etc. and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, company name, job title, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- for the provision of services requested;
- providing always that you have given to us the necessary consent, to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- providing always that you have given to us the necessary consent, to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you decide at any time that you no longer want us to use your data in this way, please contact us at RQA Group, Reading Enterprise Centre, Whiteknights Road, Reading, RG6 6BU, United Kingdom
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- in-house research and statistical analysis;
- to communicate with you about our company and industry news and other activities;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors in relation to the delivery of services.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If RQA Europe Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of RQA Group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
Where we store your personal data
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking the necessary boxes to give such consent on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at RQA Group, Reading Enterprise Centre, Whiteknights Road, Reading, RG6 6BU, United Kingdom.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from external websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If, at any time, you want to verify, update or amend your personal data or preferences please write to us at RQA Group, Reading Enterprise Centre, Whiteknights Road, Reading, RG6 6BU, United Kingdom or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Verification, updating or amendment of personal data will take place within 28 days of your request.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.